Bob's Big Adventure!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Right after I got to work on Thursday the 3rd of July, my parents called me to tell me that they found a hermit crab walking around on the stairs going into the basement! I was surprised and told Annah and we thought it was our smallest crab "Becky" whom I had taken out the previous night to play with for a few minutes while we were watching Super Nanny. However, as the day progressed and I examined the cage where the escaped hermit crab had been placed, I realized that this was not "Becky" but was instead "Bob" whom Annah and I had thought was eaten by my larger (giant) crabs during the one night we put all of the hermit crabs in one cage. We had thought he was dead because he was nowhere to be found in any shell and we had set some "extra" shells outside on a chair since they weren't being using. Turns out Bob was inside one of these "empty" shells and he must have rolled himself off of the chair. He then roamed around my rec-room for about three to four weeks without any real source of food or water so we hope he will survive! So far he is still alive and happy to be back in his home!

0 comments: